Monday, October 3, 2016

#1 Post ;)


Okay, y'all (AKA my imaginary friends who read this), I'm excited today! 

A few years ago, I was involved in a group called the Daring Bakers.  They began in 2006 as a handful of people who wanted to expand their baking expertise by doing monthly challenges.  I was involved with the D.B.'s in 2008-2009 with another blog, but life happened and a LAWT of things have changed in those years. 

Now that stuff is rather settled on a personal level, and I have a new kitchen with a lot more space, I had the desire to hook back up with the group!  I found out that a lot of things have changed with the Daring Bakers, too.  Ten years and a large number of people later, they have changed to the Daring Kitchen, but they still do monthly challenges. 

And over the weekend, I got an email saying that I was activated to go onto their website and check in to see what the October challenge is!  :D It's posted on the first of every month, but I can't tell you what it is yet....  Members have to keep it under wraps until the 27th of each month, and can do their reveal post on that day or up to a week after (well, in order to be an Active Member). 

All I can tell you is that I'll definitely have a challenge on at least one aspect of it, but I'm looking forward to flexing my culinary muscles again.  And I can't wait to be able to show you in T minus 24 days and counting...! 

And if you like a baking challenge, check out www.thedaringkitchen.com -- you can see all the recipes they've done from the beginning, and sign up to participate beginning with next month's challenge! 

No comments:

Post a Comment